Friday, February 01, 2008

Winterson, I love you, but please...

I love Jeanette Winterson, and I love her website: www.jeanettewinterson.com but I am getting increasingly less fond of her monthly messages, which are almost always awash in a simplistic kind of political ranting that one could just as easily find in the average undergraduate dorm room. Not to say that I don’t agree with Ms. Winterson a lot of the time, but I find the blanket statement she made this month about masculinity running wild and ruining the world, and how we need girls in office, to be a bit irksome. This is only because the woman running for office in my country, arguably the most powerful position one can hold in the fucking world, is not who I would wish to see representing the U.S. of A. I’m all for a woman president, just not that woman.