Monday, July 18, 2005

Gluttony

I need to lose about 10 pounds, and that is going easy on myself. I could do this; I know how. Eat less, exercise more. But I know I won’t. I like eating. I love a big meal, even though it makes me feel like shit. Italian food is my favorite, second is Japanese and third is Mexican. Polish food was always a favorite as well, but those all-you-can-eat perogis and potato pancakes are death. I have no control around a pizza and will eat it until it is mere memory, despite the bloated stomach and urge to vomit.

I just had a salad for lunch, which was good and I wasn’t really hungry so it seemed fitting. In the lobby of my office building, the landlord’s staff had set up free ice cream sundaes for all the tenants. I pushed through the crowd and got mine, despite not having a claim ticket. Someone recognized me and gave me my sundae anyway.

It was frozen yogurt but that is hardly justification for gobbling a sugar filled treat the very day I decide I must shed some weight. I only ate it because it was there and I am weak. And I ate the whole thing at my desk, where the actual ticket was waiting. Seeing it I thought, I could go and get another! I wrote this instead. I’m trying…