Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Palin’s close-up untouched

The first point I’d like to make in regard to this story is:

Sarah Palin is not a beautiful woman. She looks like everything I moved out of the suburbs to avoid. I guess I’m in the minority here, but soccer (or hockey) moms do nothing for me. When these talking heads go on about how gorgeous she is, I have to scratch my head and wonder if the country hasn’t been consumed by some form of blindness ala the book by Saramago (now a major motion picture).

Second: to say this is a slap in the face is a bit much. If anything, feminists should be outraged by the (minor) outrage of Palin supporters. C’mon, ladies, you have plenty of experience getting riled up, let’s see something good come of your ire. Make a political stand and stop weeping over Hillary.